It is through the natural sweating mechanism that the body manages to regulate its temperature. Other than high temperatures, vigorous physical activity and feelings of excitement are known to trigger an increased amount of sweating. If however you find yourself sweating too much without being exposed to any triggers, you could be suffering from excessive sweating, a condition which is also known as hyperhidrosis. We explore various home remedies for excessive sweating as well as how to stop excessive sweating naturally on the hands, feet, face and under armpits.
Home Remedies for Excessive Sweating
- Home Remedies for Excessive Sweating
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Treating Profuse Sweating
- Black Tea for Excessive Hand and Feet Sweating
- Baking Soda for Sweating Excessively
- Lemon Excessive Underarm Sweating Home Remedy
- How to Stop Profuse Sweating Using Wheat Grass Juice
- Witch Hazel Home Remedy for Excessive Sweating on Face
- White Sandalwood for Reducing Sweating
- Natural Remedies for Excessive Sweating
- Tea Tree Oil Home Treatment for Excessive Sweating
- Coconut Oil for Excessive Sweating in palms and Feet
- Herbal Remedies for Excessive Sweating
- Sage Herb for Excessive Sweating at Night
- Chamomile for Excessive Sweating in Underarms
- Homeopathic Medication for Excessive Sweating
- Home Made Deodorant for Excessive Sweating
- Homemade Coconut Oil-Baking Soda Deodorant
- How Can I Stop Sweating so Much?
Excessive sweating may involve the whole body or it could affect specific parts where the sweat glands located there could be hyperactive. These may be as a result of heredity, anxiety, stress or hormonal imbalances. Although hyperhidrosis does not pose any danger to the victim, it can be an embarrassing condition which may at times lead to loss of self-esteem. To help ease the discomfort that comes with it. Below we discuss some home remedies for excessive sweating.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Treating Profuse Sweating
Apple cider vinegar can help to alleviate excessive sweating. It works by balancing the pH of the body in areas like the feet and armpits. This ensures that body odor from the sweat is eliminated as well.
- To stop the arm pits from excessive sweating, apply some vinegar on your under arms before going to bed. Rinse it off in the morning using water.
- To tackle excessively sweaty feet, clean them with some soap and water and then towel dry. Apply some apple cider vinegar after this. You could also mix one part of vinegar with two parts of water and use it to soak your feet. Stay put for at least 15 minutes so it can work in reducing excess perspiration.
- Where the excess sweat is not being experienced in localized body parts, you can use vinegar to work on the problem inside out. Consume a glass of water enriched with two tablespoons of vinegar the first thing in the morning daily.
Black Tea for Excessive Hand and Feet Sweating
Excessive sweating on the feet can cause smelly legs. This though can be curbed if the excessive perspiration is controlled. Black tea has tanic acid which acts as an antiperspirant. It also has astringent properties which help in constricting sweat glands so that the transportation of sweat to the outer skin is minimized. Its anti-perspirant properties help in reducing perspiration. Tea can be used in various ways.
- Get some black teabags and hold them on your armpits to reduce sweating. You could also make a feet and hands tea soak with the same. This will help in minimizing excess sweating in these areas.
- Get two tea bags for each liter of hot water.
- Make a reasonable amount of the foot or hand soak.
- Let it steep for five minutes and allow it cool down to levels comfortable for your skin.
- Soak hands or feet in this for 30 minutes.
Baking Soda for Sweating Excessively
Baking soda is one of the most effective home remedies for excessive sweating. Apart from reducing sweating, it also contains elements that discourage the thriving of bacteria which would otherwise cause a foul smell once you sweat.
Since it is alkaline in nature, it helps in lowering pH levels on sweating body parts. Dust some on the part affected to enjoy its effects.
Lemon Excessive Underarm Sweating Home Remedy
Lemon is well known for its use in controlling excessive sweating. The citric acid in it helps in getting rid of bacteria and thus avoid sweat odor. Lemon should however not be used when venturing out as it makes the skin photo-sensitive. You can use it before going to sleep to avoid skin damage.
Cut a lemon into halves and rub it on the problematic areas. Sleep with it on and wash off with plain water in the morning. If your skin is sensitive let it rest for 20 minutes before washing it off.
You could also use lemon juice together with baking soda as described below.
- Get baking soda and mix it with an equal amount of lemon juice.
- Mix the two until a smooth paste is formed.
- Use a cotton pad to apply this under the armpits to get rid of excessive sweat. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
How to Stop Profuse Sweating Using Wheat Grass Juice
This helps in controlling the amounts and activity of toxins and acids in the body. The juice is known to dilute toxins and also neutralize any acidity. This way the body is not prompted to release them through sweating. Take a glass of wheat grass juice every day for a reduction in excessive sweating.
Witch Hazel Home Remedy for Excessive Sweating on Face
This home remedy can go a long way in fighting excess sweat. The herb is known for its astringent properties as well as its antiperspirant capabilities. It also comes with a mild fragrance that is great at keeping body odor away.
- Get a cotton ball or pad and saturate it with witch hazel extract. Use this to dab the remedy on your skin and use it daily.
- You could also make a paste using witch hazel powder and water. Mix until a consistent paste is formed and apply on problematic areas. Allow it to rest for an hour before rinsing it off.
White Sandalwood for Reducing Sweating
This works by keeping the skin dry through controlling too much sweating. In it are enzymes that absorb moisture from the skin to keep you free from sweat. It also has a great smell.
- Make a paste using one tablespoon of sandal wood powder and rose water. Add a few drops of lemon juice to this mixture.
- Once you have taken a bath, apply the remedy on areas where excess sweating is being experienced.
- Leave the paste to dry before rinsing it off using some warm water.
- Repeat procedure daily until the problem gets under control.
Natural Remedies for Excessive Sweating
In case you are wondering how to stop excessive sweating naturally, you will be spoilt for choice. Natural remedies for excessive sweating are readily available and easy to use. Most of them are things you can get from your kitchen. Below are some of these natural cures and how to use them.
Tea Tree Oil Home Treatment for Excessive Sweating
This great herbal remedy has anti-fungal and astringent properties. It goes a long way in relieving excess sweating.
- Rub a cotton ball in tea tree oil.
- Rub this around the area where you sweat excessively most. This could be on the elbows, face, groin, armpits, neck, hands and feet.
- In case you suffer sensitive skin, do not use plain tea tree oil. Dilute it with an equal amount of water and use it in a similar manner.
Coconut Oil for Excessive Sweating in palms and Feet
This oil has lauric acid which is effective in getting rid of microorganisms on the skin. To use it as a home remedy for profuse sweating you may get a full body massage using the oil.
In case the excessive sweating is localized, you could massage the specific body part using instead. You could also make a homemade antiperspirant deodorant using coconut oil and baking soda like will be seen later on in this article.
Herbal Remedies for Excessive Sweating
Our discussion of natural home remedies for excessive sweating cannot be complete if we omitted the available herbal options. There are many of these and which are easy to use while giving you the benefits of reduced sweat production.
Sage Herb for Excessive Sweating at Night
Sage is an excellent herb that acts as an antiperspirant. The leaves contain tannic acid which constricts sweat glands due to its astringent properties. It also acts as an anti-bacterial. This way the growth of bacteria is limited.
- Boil a tablespoon of dried sage leaves in one cup of water.
- Allow it steep and cool down to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture and use it to rinse any part of the body suffering excessive.
- Use this home remedy up to three times each day.
- To stop excessive sweating at night, take a cup of sage tea before going to bed. Make the tea by adding one teaspoon of the tea to a cup of hot water and allowing it steep for five minutes.
You could also make a herbal foot soak from sage. Add two tablespoons of sage in a bath of hot water. Once it cools down to tolerable levels, soak your excessively sweaty feet in it for 30 minutes. This natural cure will go a long way in treating sweaty feet.
Chamomile for Excessive Sweating in Underarms
This natural treatment for people who sweat too much comes with many other benefits. Other than its deodorant properties, it is also an antibacterial and an astringent. These help in reducing body odor and constricting vessels respectively. This way by using it you can remain fresh the whole day and curb excess sweat too.
- Steep a tablespoon of chamomile in one cup of water.
- leave this to cool and dip a clean piece of cloth in it and wipe your under arms with it as well as other areas you may be sweating too much.
- Chamomile oil can also be added to bath water after which you soak yourself for a while to rip the same benefits.
- You could also combine chamomile oil with some coconut oil to dilute it. Rub this on the excessively sweaty parts.
Homeopathic Medication for Excessive Sweating
Apart from the natural and home remedies for excessive sweating discussed above, you could opt for homeopathic medication to control excess sweating. Silicea can be used to control excessively sweaty feet. Acidum hydrofluoricum on the other hand is a homeopathic treatment for curing excess sweating on the palms. It can also help those suffering from body odor. In case your sweating too much is as a result of obesity, Calcarea would be the ideal treatment for you. For excessive sweating in the armpits, use Botulinum.
Home Made Deodorant for Excessive Sweating
One way on how to treat extreme sweating at home is using deodorants. Instead of opting for commercial products to control sweating, you could settle for a homemade product. This comes with the advantage of knowing what is contained in it and having less chemicals. Below is a procedure for the same.
Homemade Coconut Oil-Baking Soda Deodorant
As discussed above, the two ingredients come with a lot of benefits in stopping profuse sweating. You will need some baking soda, coconut oil, a few drops of any essential oil and arrow root powder. Follow the following procedure for a homemade deodorant for excessive sweating.
- Using a boiler, melt three tablespoons of coconut oil and two tablespoons of Shea butter. In case you don’t have a double boiler, put the oil in a glass vessel and dip the same in a saucepan filled with hot water.
- Once it has melted, add two tablespoons of arrow root powder and three tablespoons of baking soda to the mixture and mix well.
- Add a few drops of essential oil and store the mixture in a jar for daily use.
Note: Although the use of arrow root powder is optional in making this, the best deodorants for excessive sweating made at home are those containing it.
How Can I Stop Sweating so Much?
For people suffering hyperhidrosis, the question “How can I stop sweating so much?” is common. While the above home remedies work out great in reducing excessive perspiration, it is also possible to reduce the likelihood of it happening.
This can be achieved by adopting some lifestyle changes that will help eliminate the triggers that lead to excessive sweat production. In addition to the home remedies for excessive sweating discussed above, try the following tips to control the triggers.
- Consume a lot of water always.
- Get various ways of releasing stress
- Reduce your consumption of caffeine
- Stick to cold baths as opposed to hot baths
- If you can stay away from hot drinks
- Avoid spicy food, sugary treats and processed food
- Keep your underarms and groin area shaven to avoid excess sweating
- Avoid wearing clothes made from synthetic fibers and opt for natural fibers instead
- Wear loosely fitting clothes
- To control sweating on the scalp, use dry shampoo
- Cut back on your alcohol consumption and smoking as these tend to increase sweating.